Thursday, June 28, 2012

VOTE: FL Studio Projects!

And I finally make my first post about MY music. Although it's not me on the piano, I decided to dump the several starts of FL Studio songs onto my blog for the world to see. Some are really short (like, seriously, really short) and others are longer, plus I have one completed song to show. In addition, YOU get to decide which unfinished project I finish first! To listen to each song, click on the song title and download the song. Then, you can play it in your music player of choice. So here goes:


Adventurous

This is one of the very short ones. I called it "Adventurous" because it feels like an old video game song that would go in an adventure section, like Zelda or something.

Anticipation

So, there's kind of a story behind this one. The other day, I had an idea of two albums with songs in alphabetical order. The first one would be called "begin_sequence" and contain songs A-M, and the second album, "end_sequence" would contain songs N-Z. "Anticipation" would be the first song on the first album. If I finished it, it would be pretty short, as kind of an "intro" song.

Beach Keyboards

Tyler Roemhildt made a picture on Facebook stylized around a captcha with the words "beach keyboards". He then joked about making an electronic band called that, and I started making this song as our theme song of sorts.

Domination

"Domination" started as a custom song on GH Tunes, the custom song maker on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. Louis Batson came up with the name "Domination", and this is the beginning of my FL Studio remake of it. Therefore, the rest of this song already exists, I just haven't finished it on FL Studio yet. 

Happy Handz

This song started on Jordan Diel's laptop in physics class, while the robotics team was in the Twin Cities at what would end up being the regional that sent them to St. Louis for nationals. It's kind of happy-hardcore styled.

Mellow

A couple of you might remember this one. "Mellow" is very slow with sampled piano and strings. I believe Evan Masters said it was a kind of song you could fall asleep to. I recently had the idea of adding drums and electric guitar to the end of it like a rock ballad.

Progression

In all honesty, I can't think of much to say about this one. Just listen to it and make your own judgments.

Rave

I initially thought this song would be rave-styled, hence the name. I don't really think it is, though, so the name might be misleading. Also: see "Progression".

The Unknown

"The Unknown" isn't called that because it's reminiscent of going out into the unknown, being erie and ambient. I called it that because I couldn't think of a name that would be fitting, so "The Unknown" it is. Name ideas are certainly welcome!

And now, here's the completed song:

Rock... In Theory

A hard rock song, complete with guitar solo. It's all made on FL Studio, not real guitars or drums, in case you were wondering. Kind of short, but I don't know what else to put in it.

So, there you have it. Nine unfinished songs and one finished one. Vote now for which unfinished song I should finish first in the poll box below. Also, feel free to leave comments about any of the songs.


Which song should I finish first?
Adventurous
Anticipation
Beach Keyboards
Domination
Happy Handz
Mellow
Progression
Rave
The Unknown
Create your own poll

No comments: